- Major credit cards through PayPal
- Money orders
- Certified / Personal Cheques (Subject to 7 day clearing period)
- Email money transfer
- Wire transfer
- Direct deposit into our bank account
All currency must be in Canadian funds. For credit card payments, simply e-mail us which products or services you require and we’ll e-mail you a PayPal invoice to pay securely.
Live Arrival Guarantee!
We ONLY provide our Live Arrival Guarantee to qualified clients and with the purchase of the shipping fee insurance ($9+ tax). Should an animal arrive DOA then you will receive a reimbursement on your SHIPPING fee. Not on the animals value. At no time does Reptile Express or its third party carriers offer insurance on the animals value. Shipping animals is at the shippers own risk.
Our live arrival guarantee is void if delivery is not made on the FIRST delivery attempt.
Somebody must be home to sign for the package.
If there is a problem with the order, we must be contacted no later than 4hrs after shipment has been received. We may ask you to send the shipment back to us for verification, with shipping being at your cost. Refunds are void if delivery is not made on the first attempt.
All orders must be paid in full prior to shipping, once payment is received and cheques are cleared we will ship your order right away.
Reptile Express ships YEAR ROUND! (excluding holidays).
We ship Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays ONLY to avoid any shipping problems.
We also don’t ship in terrible weather conditions which could place your reptile(s) at risk.
Accepting Package Terms…
- Someone over the age of 18 MUST be home to sign for the package between 9am-5pm.
- Shipments most often arrive BEFORE 12PM on the delivery day. However this is NOT a guarantee as they can be delivered up to 5pm.
We DO NOT ship venomous reptiles!
We DO NOT ship unhealthy or newly hatched reptiles or reptiles with mites.
We DO NOT guarantee live arrival of amphibians, arachnids/inverts, chameleons or fish.
Our Live Arrival Guarantee is void if animal(s) are dropped off to any of our ProPak! Centres a day prior to their ship date.
Reptile Express is not responsible for any delays due to weather and any other acts of God out of our control.
Reptile Express is not responsible for knowing the by-laws in your municipality or province and therefore cannot be held liable.
Reptile Express is not responsible for any tail drops by lizards such as geckos while at our ProPak! Centres or while in transit.
Reptile Express is not responsible for any illness, injury or death of any reptile(s) while being packed and prepped for their departure from any of our ProPak! Centres.
Reptile Express is not responsible for any shipments not packed by one of our ProPak! Centres that had the shipping fee insurance purchased, this includes any carrier delays for whatever reason, or any delays due to weather and any other acts of God out of our control. No refunds will be issued.
Reptile Express and its third party carriers at no time offer compensation for “consequential damages” such as loss of income for waiting at home for delivery; time wasted; or fuel expenses for picking up packages at hubs.
Indemnification and Waiver…
- Personal Responsibility: Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller for any and all actions of third party courier, its employees or representatives, including, but not limited to, actions by delivery personnel employed by or contracted by third party courier, in the provision of the Services and to reimburse Seller for any legal costs necessary to defend Seller from any legal action brought against Seller resulting from legal actions between Buyer and third party courier.
- Commencement of Action: In the event legal action is commenced between Reptile Express and the Buyer by either party regardless of cause, Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller for any and all liability or expenses and to reimburse Seller for any legal costs necessary to defend Seller from any legal action brought against Seller resulting from legal actions between Reptile Express and Buyer.
- Buyers Assumption of Risk: Buyer accepts the inherent risks associated with shipping live animals or reptiles. Buyer agrees that neither the third party courier nor Reptile Express is responsible for the death of any animal when insurance is not purchased. Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller for any and all liability and to reimburse Seller for any legal costs necessary to defend Seller from any legal action brought against Seller resulting from a failure to successfully receive or deliver live animals or reptiles as a direct result of the Buyer utilizing the Services for transportation.
- Buyer’s Additional Release of Liability. Buyer voluntarily and knowingly assumes all risks associated with the use of the Services and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Seller for any and all liability or expenses and to reimburse Seller for any legal costs necessary to defend Seller from any legal action brought against Seller for any of the following situations:
a. Damage to Buyer’s parcels resulting from the use of the Services for shipping;
b. Financial loss due to any errors or omissions regarding credit card or payment transactions:
c. Financial loss due to Buyer’s or Seller’s cancellation or non-compliance with Reptile Express’ terms and conditions, and;
d. Legal or other actions resulting from, or taken by, Buyer, Seller, or Seller’s third party courier in relation to Buyer’s purchase of The Package.
- Buyer’s Waiver of Right to Sue: Buyer agrees to not bring suit in law or in equity against Seller, any of its officers, directors, stockholders, employees, agents, affiliates, or any other person or entity on grounds, including but not limited to, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, personal injury, death, negligence, Reptile Express error, property damage or attorney’s fees which may occur at any location or as a result of their purchase of The Package. Buyer agrees that this release shall be binding upon Buyer, Buyer’s heirs, next of kin, executor(s) and personal representative(s).
Refund Policy BEFORE Supplies have Shipped:
If you decide to cancel your shipment and receive a refund BEFORE the supplies have shipped and you booked on our new shipping platform that generates labels – the full amount will be refunded minus the Stripe credit card transaction fee as Stripe does not refund that amount back to us. That amount is 2.9% + .30 of the amount paid.
Refund Policy AFTER Supplies have Shipped:
If you’ve already received your shipping supplies and you decide to cancel shipping out, the shipping supplies are non-refundable, as well as the UPS/Purolator fee that was paid to ship the supplies to you, however the ‘Reptile Express Fee’ can be reimbursed minus a $15 administrative fee for our time spent on planning the shipment, email correspondence as well as creating and cancelling a shipping file. The Stripe credit card transaction fee (2.9% + .30 of amount paid) also won’t be refunded as they don’t refund that portion back to us. No exceptions to this rule, as it’s a very time consuming process preparing each shipping request and adjusting our accounting papers.
Any bank transaction fee to refund your payment (ie. EMT $1.50 fee, etc) will also be deducted from the ‘Reptile Express Fee’ portion of your shipping total.
Handling your new reptiles after accepting the package…
We highly recommend all of our customers to not handle any of their newly acquired reptiles for a period of no less than 14 days of receiving it.
Shipping can be quite stressful on these little critters and add on top of it a new enclosure and new surroundings and you have a possibly high stressed animal.
Therefore please only add fresh water daily to the dish and offer food. No handling!
Allow them to relax. They will most likely hide a lot and tend not to be very active. Most often they are active at night getting themselves used to their new surroundings. This is an important process. Don’t disturb them.
Offering Food Before Shipping…
Please do not feed:
Snakes: 7 days prior to shipping date. This is to avoid regurgitation during transit.
Lizards: 1-2 days prior to shipping date depending on size and species. Those that are young and can’t store fat can go 1 day without food prior to shipping. This is to avoid regurgitation during transit.
Offering Food After Receiving them…
You can try offering lizards a few prey items and see if they react to it. If they don’t gobble them up, take the feeder items out and offer it the following evening.
We don’t recommend feeding lizards the very first day of receiving them. They’ll most likely be quite stressed from the shipping. So skip that day and offer food the following evening.
For snakes we’d recommend not feeding for the first 2-3 days of receiving them for the same reasons as mentioned above.
(*DOA = Dead on Arrival)
All you have to do is sit back and relax!